Thursday, January 27, 2011

Not even just a little bit pregnant

Today I anticipated the day that I wait for almost every month.  The day where I get to test to see whether I am pregnant.  I wait with bated breath to see what lines form on that little pee stick.  Instinctively I know that the result will be negative.  My breasts don't hurt.  I am not tasting that metallic taste in my mouth.  I am not particularly hormonal. 

Yet I stay.  Watching.  Waiting the full three minutes for the results to appear.  Then when I don't like the results, waiting a few more.  Until it hits me.  No matter how long I stay sitting on that toilet, I can't will those two little pink lines to form.  Another month.  Now I start the process all over again.  The ovulation calculators and tests.  The wondering if I should have a glass of wine or take an allergy medication for fear that it will affect the baby that just might be in my belly.  Another month.

Lulu

1 comment: